Wednesday 30 April 2008

New Entry

Without the help from my relations,I would be unable to communicate with you. My cousin Ruth, husband John, son Duncan and my son Bob have been in this since the beginning. Duncan set up my web site and the help has been on going. I am not computer efficient, in fact very stupid at times, and John has helped and taught me so much and been very patient. I thank them all for their loyal support.
On Tuesday I went back to the gym. Trainer Robert was on duty and asked me how I felt. "Tired" I said "I don't feel like a work out to-day" Well that's ok" Robert said "We'll sort you out once you are over the jet lag" So I went home!!
On Wednesday reporter Steve came to take photographs of me for a magazine. "I want you and the rear wheel of your bike in the water"(I live by the sea) "Next I want you looking through the spokes of the wheel and then I want you to cycle the bike with the view of The Mull of Galloway in the background. Very good ,we'll do that again." He took 22 photographs and I suggested a bit of air brushing might help!! After lunch I cycled to the dreaded gym. Christine was there,regular trainer,and off we went.Slow but picking up. I wanted to get back to what I was before I went to Australia. On the way home a storm blew up,hail stones and cold wind belting off my face and I still had 14 miles to cycle. I arrived home soaked to the skin and miserable. I ran a bath, poured a glass of red wine which I drank while enjoying the comfort of the bath. I'll have many days of snow, wind and rain in the Rockies and then have to put my tent up and prepare food---no luxury like a bath and glass of wine!!

No comments: