Tuesday 6 May 2008

Preparing for Bike Ride

On the Ist May I went to gym and had the best work out since returning from Oz. Christine(trainer) put me through the usual but this time I felt so good as I had fallen behind a bit with being away. Penny's farewell BBQ was on the Sat,3rd May so I headed off to Aviemore on the bus. I can bus all over Scotland free as I have reached a certain age!! Being in the 3rd Age has huge advantages so, young ones reading this, have loads to look forward to.The BBQ was a huge success with masses of donations for Macmillan Cancer Support .The weather was good although rain had been forecast. Triple Echo Productions (T.E.P) are making a documentary of our trip for the BBC and they thought a good introduction would start with the BBQ. So they were there talking to guests and asking questions about this crazy pair who are about to set off on this marathon trek across Canada!! Penny and I are are beginning to question our sanity but have decided it is too late to call the whole thing off!! Penny will be in control of the Blackberry and I (heaven forbid) will be in charge of filming when the crew aren't there. Meg (T.E.P.) is sending a cameraman this week to teach me how to use the camerastrapped to the bike. I don't think the poor soul knows what he, she, is taking on as I am so stupid about anything technical.

No comments: