Sunday 11 May 2008

Getting Back to Normality.

Party guests all gone now apart from Sylvia who travelled up from Liverpool by train with her bike and then cycled here. The party was a great success. Friend, Jim White, kept the night alive with the skirl of the pipes with much dancing to jigs and reels. Katy, daughter, produced a magnificent cake with an iced cyclist adorning
the top. Murray and Steve presented me with a fabulous sleeping bag which will keep me snug and warm during the spell in The Rockies. Jane and Una sang a lovely duet and fireworks followed. Thank you to all family and friends who made this a night to remember. There is still a lot to do and so little time but I must not panic--hang loose, cool baby cool!! I was thinking how extremely fortunate I am to have so many wonderful relations and friends and sad at leaving them all. There will be days when I'll be very homesick but, to know Penny and I are helping to improve the lives of people with cancer through Macmillan Cancer Support, makes it all worth while. Thank you to family and friends who have contributed through Just Giving and donations
by cheques and cash
Back soon.

No comments: