Thursday 8 May 2008

Sleepless Night

It is 5-45 am and I have been awake since 3 am!!! The thought of the enormity of The Bike Ride has suddenly dawned on me and I am scared. It is only a few days now before Penny and I fly to Vancouver to start cycling for the next 4 months. My son, Sandy, is staying for a few days and this morning we are driving to Carrick Cycles, Ayr, to pick up the bike that Dawes are giving me at a reduced rate. My daughter and son-in-law have organised a Farewell Fling for me on Sat night so lots of relations and friends are rolling in to-day. John and he Ruth,cousins, are travelling up from East Ayton a lovely village a few miles from Scarborough. They have been with me from the beginning and will be 'base camp' during the cycling. A huge thank you to them and to all sponsors and friends who have supported me.
I am going back to bed!!

No comments: