Saturday 10 May 2008

New Bike and Farewell Party

Yesterday morning my son Sandy and I drove to Carrick Cycles, Ayr to collect the bike I am using for the trip. It is a Dawes Kara-kum and a dream of a bike. Carrick Cycles very kindly helped with a discount which means that bit more money towards the Charity. A few days prior to this, The Fred McAuley Show had phoned to
to ask if I would like to come on the live show to give an update. I had been on the show the month before and told Fred it was more nerve wracking than the thought of cycling across Canada. So, back again and the nerves returned. Fred is affraid of heights and next year Macmillan Cancer Support is having another Abseil (our third!) off the lighthouse at the Mull of Galloway. Wouldn't it be great if Fred did this?? My Farewell Bash, arranged by Katy and her husband Peter, is taking place in The Cock Inn just a short walk along the shore from here. It is the third oldest pub in Scotland, there will be lots of good food, drink and ceilidh dancing and it all begins in half an hour so I must awa the noo.

No comments: