Friday 16 May 2008

On The Go at 5am

To- day I start the journey planned over one year ago. I leave the log cabin and head up to Glasgow(son Bob driving) to stay overnight in the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport. The plane leaves at 12-30 but Penny and I have to be there at 9-45 for the media.You see, this is what happens when one becomes famous!! We shall be dressed in The Macmillan Cancer Support vests for the photocall and we'll have to do the "look this way, over here now , lean over your bicycles, that sort of thing!! I am laughing as I type this as it really is all quite hilarious the fact that there is so much interest in us, and it is down to being 70yr old grannies going for a run across Canada. If we were 25yr olds the interest wouldn't be the same. My dear friend Syl(you notice I don't use paragraphs-it is easier but lazy, I know) has a wonderful daughter-in-law called Kate. Kate is the answer to every mother-in-laws dream of a daughter-in-law.I can't list her attributions as there is not enough room but she is one fantastic person. She is writng a cookery book with wonderful recipes for runners and anyone who enjoys being fit and healthy. You will find Kate under ---go fasterfood.blogspot.com I hope that is right as I am prone to the odd mistake. Yesterday I had my hair chopped off. There will be no hair driers or fancy hair tools for us girls. No,it will be up, shake the head and helmet on!! Gillean cut my hair and made it look really nice. It was good in the hairdressers as the girls seemed quite excited about the bike ride and have taken a sponsor sheet for the charity. Thank you.

3 comments:

foodierunner said...

Thinking of you, Mave. Hope you are managing to eat properly and to get some sleep - you'll need all the energy you can get. I am sure the adrenalin will keep you going for the moment, though...good luck for your first few days and remember to smile for the camera! Take it easy and don't speed too much...save that till later! What is the weather like? I am so jealous, Mave, I wish I was doing it with you...lots of love, Kate BJ (Percy)

foodierunner said...

Sorry Mave, if you want to update me, it is probably best to do it through the blog: http://gofasterfood.blogspot.com
or this email address: kate@gofasterfood.com
Kate xx

DMO said...

Penny and Mave
Good luck from all at the visitaviemore team. We will watch your progress and keep your blog linked from www.visitaviemore.com

Pace yourself!

Best wishes

Alan & Sarah