Thursday 15 May 2008

Blogging and Blear-eyed

A friend phoned to say I hadn't blogged for a couple of days. It concerns me slightly that people are waiting for my next blog I know it is only minutes at the computer but it is amazing how difficult it is to find these minutes.So please forgive me and apologies to the blogger readers!! The last couple of days have been amazing. Cousin Ruth and John booked Penny and me into the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport for the Sat. night before flying out. When John told the manager what we were up to he said "It's on the house" Isn't that lovely! Then cousin Suzy and Charles phoned to say Penny and I were booked into the Accent Inn at Vancouver Airport with their compliments. Many cheques and gifts have been pouring in and lots of sponsor money for Macmillan Cancer Support. Thankyou to everyone. Meg- Triple Echo Productions - sent Andrew to teach me how to film in the absence of the camera man. Did I tell you the BBC has contracted Meg and Co. to make a documentary of our journey? !! Now, I am a hopeless photographer, snapping away with poor results.
so naturally I was terrified at the thought of this camera. I was sorry for Andrew. However Andrew turned out to be an excellent instructor and I even managed to make a little film with the camera mounted on the handlebars of my bike. We'll see what the results are when we head up the Great Rockie Mountains. There will be much cursing withthe odd f--- thrown in which helps when the going gets really tough. Apologies to the non
expletive users. I'll turn the camera off!!! Last night brought more gifts when friends arrived for a farewll glass of wine. Lots to do to-day so must bash on.

No comments: