Wednesday 30 July 2008

Dreaded Black Fly & Other Ills

14th July
Nipigon to Schreiber.
Janice said in her book that the hills were big and they were. I was showing signs of wear and tear. My right shoulder was killing me and I was suffering from saddle sores. The black fly that we had been plagued by had left big lumps all over my neck, round my ears and my legs. I was a mess. We would cover up with our head gear, cover our arms and legs to avoid being attacked whilst putting up the tents. We met some cyclists at the camp site but it was impossible to have a sociable beer with them as the black fly would have eaten us alive. We camped that night near the railway town of Schreiber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schreiber,_Ontario). In my tent that night the little b-----s had managed to get in so half the night was spent slashing them to death. Oh, the joys of a long distance cyclist!!

No comments: