Saturday 5 July 2008

On the road with Penny

Wednesday 2nd July
Becky was leaving us to-day. I was sad as we had such a lot of fun. She is a great girl and I hope she will be back to film again. She gave us a lift out of Winnipeg, did a farewell interview and then she was gone. Penny was cycling well and feeling good and said she felt her health was as good as ever. We arrived at a hamlet called Elme. There was nothing apart from a shop which was closed! We cycled out and I spotted what looked like a golf course. I cycled along a dirt track road hoping to find a club house, instead it was a private house. As I approached, a couple came out. "We were looking for somewhere to stay" I said. "You are very welcome to stay here". "You can put your tents up down by the river which is our garden" Well, what do you know! After we had pitched our tents and made supper John and Carol (owners) called us up to for a coffee and a chat.

No comments: