Saturday 2 August 2008

Good Resolutions!

July28th
Thornbury to Orillia
Cracking morning, sun is up and the day looks good. I made a few decisions. No more long distance bike rides, no more long spells of putting up tent and packing wet tent in the morning. No, life will not be "No Pain NoGain" that must end. Perhaps an odd challenge but no more ridiculous goals that I take on board. Prentice is ready in full Tour de France gear and we are ready for the off. He is going to join us for a short ride so we say goodbye and thank Denise and off we go down the mile long drive!! After a superb run on the old railway track we part company with Prentice, big hugs all round and off we pedal. Now, do you remember Jim White who piped at the Cock Inn Farewell Bash? Well his brother Jock and wife Jane live a days cycle from here, so I phoned Jock to tell him where we were and he said he would be delighted to see us and have us to stay at his lake-side home. My bum and shoulder ache like mad and I want to get off the bike as soon as poss. This will be a welcome break. We camped that night in Orillia and I could see Jock and Jane's log cabin in my dreams. Jim has told me all about it at back home in Scotland.

No comments: