Saturday 2 August 2008

Proper Cyclists!

27th July
Wiarton to Thornbury
Bad night in camp site, noisy campers beside my tent and raining. Packed wet tent at 6-30am, on bikes and off to meet Prentice (Andreas Dad) and his cycling friends in a town called Owen Sound. The group were serious cyclists - Tour de France type thing. I think I am a disgrace to the cycling world. The serious cyclists wear the clip on pedal shoes - I wear sandals. They wear lycra shorts and vests - I wear normal shorts that flap about. My cycling uniform would have to change if I became a serious cyclist. I am a fun cyclist and just mosey along singing. We had a great morning. Denise (Prentice's wife) had taken our panniers so it was light cycling. Prentice invited us to their home for drinks. This turned out to be a J R Ewing Dallas type ranch - wow, out of this world with swimming pool and Lake! We sat on the terrace and drank beer. Prentice and Denise invited us to stay the night. They had been invited to a party but told us to make ourselves at home computer and all. So I BLOGGED and BLOGGED and managed to catch up. I worry a lot when I fall behind as I know family and friends are waiting for the next episode and I am missing you all. I hope it won't be so long until I can blog again but it's all in the lap of the Gods.
The Blue Mountains
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thornbury,_Ontario
Thornbury weather:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0683

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am one of the "proper cyclists". I will have to work on that as it could ruin my reputation. We had great fun riidng with these two ladies who are setting out across Canada on bikes while wearing sandals.

I was surprised to see them again near Saint Lazare Quebec on Friday August 1 near noon. They were riding the opposite way on a narrow road towards a closed bridge, I hope they made it past that construction. Unfortunatley I was in a truck towing a large trailer and was unable to turn around to greet them.

Best wishes for a safe journey.