Thursday 12 June 2008

Farewell to High River

Monday 9th June, High River
I have been staying at the beautiful home of Janice Kenyon, cyclist extradinaire and writer (,http://www.bikecanadawithatwist.com/) . The view from the kitchen window overlooks the magnificent Rocky Mountains and at the moment, snow covers the upper half. I spent the morning blogging and preparing myself for the next leg of the journey. Everyone has gone now so it will be me and the elements. Although I was cycling alone, I was happy knowing that helen or the camera crew were around. Janice drove me back to Pinchers Creek and treated me to a superb farewell meal. Then it was time for her, my new kindred spirit friend, to leave me. I waved goodbye with a lump in my throat as she drove off into the distance. Massive wind farms adorn the surrounding hills and electric trains run around the city of Calgary. Booked into a motel in anticipation of the rigours to come - so expensive and not particularly good.

No comments: