Saturday 7 June 2008

Ferry to Creston

Tuesday 3rd June
Nelson/Salmo to Creston. We packed and left our friends. Helen had hired a car as she decided to sell her truck. She has loads to do so I set off for Creston, There was a ferry crossing involved with the road surface to the ferry ok for cycling but the other side had big problems. There were huge pot holes which I had to swerve on to the road to avoid. Also huge cracks which would have caused a somersault over the handle bars if I had hit one - happened in Australia when I ended up with a smashed collar bone !! The scenery around me was spectacular, stunning lakes and mountains. It was a long day 127kms and I was tired. When I eventually arrived in Creston the police were looking for me!! Helen had driven a different route from me arriving at the top of the town, I had arrived at the bottom end. She had my tent and gear in the car. I booked into the first motel I saw as I was too exhausted to think about the tent. Eventually Helen found me!!

No comments: