Thursday 12 June 2008

Snowed In!!

Wednesday, 11th June. Waterton
Barbara arrived, big welly boots in the deep snow. She had phoned a friend in Cardston to find
out about weather conditions. The news was not good. Serious wind conditions were coming in from the North East and temperatures were dropping. Heavy rain was also forecast later in the day so definitely not a cyclists dream. "Better stay put" said Barbara. I am now 3days behind schedule but hopefully will make up for it on the prairies!
I'll finish blogging meantime as Dave would like to take some photographs and download them for the blog. I am hopeless at that. At this point may I say thanks to all who e-mail me and to those taking an interest in the Bike Ride. When I have time I'll do my best to reply. It is not easy to find a computer to reply and blog especially in the wilds of Alberta and then into Sakatchewan--prairie country.
(I'm sure everyone will agree that Mave is doing an incredible job for MacMillan Cancer Support struggling on alone, until such time as her good friend Penny is able to rejoin her. She is a person of great determination and courage and earns the respect of everyone who meets her as is abundantly clear from what we read. Although we can't do much to help her with the ups and downs of the journey, so to speak, the one thing that would really give her a boost is to see more donations to her charity. The readership of her blog is increasing and if everyone were to give just £10 it could be quite significant. For those who have not already contributed just log on to http://www.justgiving.com/mavispaterson and follow the instructions. Thank you. JRG)

2 comments:

lynwen said...

You're giving me palputations just reading your blog Mave! You must have some guardian angel looking after you. I hope he stays close throughout your journey. Be safe!
Lynwen.xxx

foodierunner said...

I do so wish I could be there with you Maeve - I have only just found out about Penny, as I have been so busy that I haven't looked at your blog. You are completely amazing to cope with all that on your own. I seriously considered dropping everything and getting on the plane...but unfortunately it is just not feasible. Helly is doing her exams, I have just got a publisher (yes, at last!) and I am doing a big run up and down the Brecon Beacons on Saturday. Your log cabin sounds really romantic...any spare cowboys out there looking for company?!! Thinking of you lots, Katexx