Wednesday 25 June 2008

Busy Rural Saskatchewan City

21st June Weyburn
Rest Day At Weyburn
The temp is starting to rise and to-day is 30C - I cannot believe that only 8 days ago I was snowed in at Waterton Lakes with my dear friends Barbara and Dave. I repair my puncture and give my bike a good clean up. Weyburn is a small country town of 9,000 people, There is a museum which hosts one of the biggest silver collections in the world. The collection was gifted to the museum by Charlie Wilson on his death in 1995. He had come over from England with his parents in the early 20th century. They farmed for many years and his mother kept the collection in one of the upstair rooms. On her death, Charlie continued the collection, sometimes bringing in case loads that remained unopened until his death. It is now an enviable collection of the most magnificent silver. Weburn is the Largest inland grain gathering point in Canada with well over a million tons passing through the terminals every year

No comments: