Saturday 7 June 2008

Hot Springs

Monday 2 June
Cycled with Paula, a 29yr old lady racing cyclist, to Nelson for interview with local press, radio and TV. Paula tols me she worked in the local bike shop and I asked her would be ok to take my bike along to have it serviced. She said "sure"and we cycled to the shop. There we met Ian from Scotland and he said "Haven't I seen you somewhere before"? It turned out we had met at The Strathpuffer Mountain Bike Race. I was in a fancy big camper van looking after the BBC team and Ian and his pals were in a tent beside our van. He said he was envious of the comfort of our van as it was a 24hr marathon and they were shivering in their tent. We cycled on to meet the Mayor, Gord McAdam and the fire station crew. After the interviews we were back to the log cabin to enjoy our weekend. Pat, lovely neighbour of Andrea, Helen and Randy headed off to the hot springs at Ainsworth. Randy did some filming when I was in the cave and then filmed me emerging from the cave. I felt like Ursula Andress in the James Bond film - dream on Granny Mave, dream on !! We ended our stay with Tom and Pat and their wonderful hospitality. They were all so kind.

No comments: