Thursday 19 June 2008

Phantom Horseman

Monday 16th June
Eastend to Cadillac
I cycled to Cadillac, a hamlet in the middle of nowhere. No there wasn't a camp site, but there was a Motel. I booked into this seriously run down Motel to find I was the only resident!!! Joy(manages the place) served me a really good steak with all the trimmings. She told me she would lock up after the last drinker had gone. She told me the owners would be in about 10am and to lock my door. I would be here alone all night. A rancher overheard the conversation and told the tale of a gentleman who once stayed - and during the night was awakened by the sound of galloping hooves in the corridor. This was bad news. I wanted to have a good night's sleep and now after this bit of news, I'd be awake listening for the sound of galloping hooves!!!

No comments: