Thursday 19 June 2008

Max's Log Cabin

Thursday 12th June
Awoke to sleety rain, grey skies, and snow still lying heavily on the ground. Barbara and Dave are to run me out of Waterton which is off my route. I have the waterproofs at the ready. Barbara is phoning her friend in Cardston for a weather report. What about the shorts, T-shirts that occupy half a pannier? Barbara had phoned around and the report was grim. She arrived at the door. "Stay put" she said "You are staying right here" I wanted to be out on the road but it would be another Max scenario with perhaps some kind person picking up the pieces!! It began to clear in the afternoon and I went out for a bike ride to make up the miles I had missed. Max arrived at his cabin to find us sitting in the garden enjoying some fine wine. He had phoned Babs earlier to find out the position. I was embarassed as I didn't want to be there when he arrived for his relaxing few days but what a great evening we had with more wine!

No comments: